I have decided to build a new website for my project which happens to be a clothing line catering to a specific niche. I noticed there is a need and not many businesses doing a great job in fulfilling the niche. As I get closer to re-launching my website with new products, new features, and better digital marketing I will regularly blog and post updates about my journey.
My first step was identifying a platform to utilize for my store front one that had a significant app marketplace so I could add powerful features to the website that would support my sales efforts and customer retention. I ultimately decided to use Shopify with their beautiful free and responsive website theme’s I figured it was a good choice. The next step was to conduct keyword research to build content around and begin writing content to publish on my site. Next I continued to get all my image files and finalize product mockups and descriptions.
Now I am in the process of publishing the website and running a highly targeted AdWords campaign on a budget to get short term traffic while I continually work on developing my organic traffic initiatives. I have been regularly posting on my social media platforms to drive traffic to my website when it is officially launched.
Moving forward, I will post regular updates about the test I will be running to optimize my store and turn a profit so stay tuned!
Disclaimer: I did not go to school to be a Graphic designer nor do I have any formal training or education. I am passionate about design and have been studying it for some time now.
Here is a recent flyer I did for an organization at UNC Greensboro.
Recent flyer I did to promote an event for my clothing line.
I developed a concept for a start up clothing line I call Lineage Clothing. It is a Native American owned and operated clothing line paying tribute to Native American design and concepts. I started the company with very little money and through hardwork and a tremendous amount of research I found a lot of very useful tools to assist with the business opertations and production of my products.
- Instagram- A wonderful social media platform which allows me to showcase my designs and hash tag relevant items to segment my market and determine who may be interested in my products.
- followliker- while this software is not free it is a one time payment of roughly $49 which allows me to automate my instagram marketing process. Thereby specificying certain criteria the software will go through instagram and like photos based on certain hashtags and follow other users within those similar critera allowing me to essentially mass market sort of.
- MailChimp- While the advanced version of this software cost money I used the free basic version to structure an email marketing campaign and even though I did not get the response I wanted it wsa a great learning expierence and overall wonderful idea to implement contest and various promotions.
- Bigcartel- The basic version of bigcartel is free which allows me to showcase and sell the T-shirts I have designed for free. I can even track which shirts get how many clicks.
- Iconosquare- formely known as statigram this software provides me with much needed analytics of who my top engager’s are and when are the best times to post on my social media platforms. This is not only free but a wonderful and much needed software application I would recommend to anyone.
- Theprintful- finally possibly the most costly aspect of my company is paying upfront to print shirts. Fortunately the printful deveopled their business around printing to order and offering samples for extremely cheap. This company allows me to offer a diverse set of products with no cost upfront.
So far I have learned a lot from this business venture and look forward to seeing how far I can take it. I recently got offered a spot in a Native American magazine and I am talking to retailers and looking at getting funding to grow my company.
Check out some of my work and be sure to visit my website to show your support : lineageclothing.bigcartel.com