Disclaimer: I did not go to school to be a Graphic designer nor do I have any formal training or education. I am passionate about design and have been studying it for some time now.
Here is a recent flyer I did for an organization at UNC Greensboro.
Recent flyer I did to promote an event for my clothing line.
I developed a concept for a start up clothing line I call Lineage Clothing. It is a Native American owned and operated clothing line paying tribute to Native American design and concepts. I started the company with very little money and through hardwork and a tremendous amount of research I found a lot of very useful tools to assist with the business opertations and production of my products.
- Instagram- A wonderful social media platform which allows me to showcase my designs and hash tag relevant items to segment my market and determine who may be interested in my products.
- followliker- while this software is not free it is a one time payment of roughly $49 which allows me to automate my instagram marketing process. Thereby specificying certain criteria the software will go through instagram and like photos based on certain hashtags and follow other users within those similar critera allowing me to essentially mass market sort of.
- MailChimp- While the advanced version of this software cost money I used the free basic version to structure an email marketing campaign and even though I did not get the response I wanted it wsa a great learning expierence and overall wonderful idea to implement contest and various promotions.
- Bigcartel- The basic version of bigcartel is free which allows me to showcase and sell the T-shirts I have designed for free. I can even track which shirts get how many clicks.
- Iconosquare- formely known as statigram this software provides me with much needed analytics of who my top engager’s are and when are the best times to post on my social media platforms. This is not only free but a wonderful and much needed software application I would recommend to anyone.
- Theprintful- finally possibly the most costly aspect of my company is paying upfront to print shirts. Fortunately the printful deveopled their business around printing to order and offering samples for extremely cheap. This company allows me to offer a diverse set of products with no cost upfront.
So far I have learned a lot from this business venture and look forward to seeing how far I can take it. I recently got offered a spot in a Native American magazine and I am talking to retailers and looking at getting funding to grow my company.
Check out some of my work and be sure to visit my website to show your support : lineageclothing.bigcartel.com
As of late I have been trying to determine the best platform to market my start up company. I think Facebook is becoming obsolete for marketing a company on. It is hard for potential consumers to search based on hashtags and allow me to segment my target market clearly.
Fortunately Instagram allows me to add hashtags and it lets my products be easily searchable. This is great for building a quicker following and redefining my focus instead of solely relying on Facebook or Twitter. I think Facebook is great but as of right now it has not gotten me a rapid following like Instagram has right now. Hopefully my following will continue to grow and I can run my kickstarter soon.
I have been developing a business concept I had roughly a year ago. I want to launch a company centered around bringing a fresh perspective and approach to designing clothing apparell with Native American Designs. This is a niche that I believe has a lot of potential and has not been done successfully yet.
“I hope to educate generations on our proud Native American culture and Rich history. We want to inspire people to look into their own lineage as well. Our company firmly believe’s it is important to better understand our past so we can strengthen our own future.”